Access & Allocation
The objective of this team is to study access to solid organ transplantation and allocation of available organs for transplantation. In collaboration with Industrial Engineering, the Kellogg Graduate School of Management and the Heller School of Social Policy and Management at Brandeis University we address these issues by merging state-of-the art methodologies with the pertinent questions access and allocation presently face.
Areas of interest include:
• Geographic inequity of allocation
• Organ shortage
• Access to solid organ transplantation
10 MOST RECENT PUBLICATIONS
- Ladner DP, Mehrotra S. Resolving Misconceptions About Liver Allocation and Redistricting Methodology-Reply. JAMA Surg. 2016 Jun 22.
- Ladner DP, Mehrotra S. Methodological Challenges in Solving Geographic Disparity in Liver Allocation. JAMA Surg. 2016 Feb;151(2):109-10.
- Marrero WJ, Naik AS, Friedewald JJ, Xu Y, Hutton DW, Lavieri MS, Parikh ND. Predictors of Deceased Donor Kidney Discard in the United States. Transplantation. 2016 May 10.
- Mehrotra S, Kilambi V, Gilroy R, Ladner DP, Klintmalm GB, Kaplan B. Response to robust models support redistricting liver allocation to reduce geographic disparity. Transplantation. 2015 Sep;99(9): e160-1.
- Mehrotra S, Kilambi V, Gilroy R, Ladner DP, Klintmalm GB, Kaplan B. Modeling the allocation system: principles for robust design before restructuring. Transplantation. 2015 Feb;99(2):278-81.
- Davis AE, Mehrotra S, Kilambi V, Kang J, McElroy L, Lapin B, et al. The Effect of the Statewide Sharing Variance on Geographic Disparity in Kidney Transplantation in the United States. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2014.
- Friedewald JJ, Samana CJ, Kasiske BL, Israni AK, Stewart D, Cherikh W, et al. The kidney allocation system. The Surgical clinics of North America. 2013;93(6):1395-406.
- Davis AE, Mehrotra S, McElroy LM, Friedewald JJ, Skaro AI, Lapin B, et al. The Extent and Predictors of Waiting Time Geographic Disparity in Kidney Transplantation in the United States. Transplantation. 2013.
- Friedewald JJ, Reese PP. The kidney-first initiative: what is the current status of preemptive transplantation? Advances in chronic kidney disease. 2012;19(4):252-6.
- Friedewald JJ. Utilization and outcomes of marginal kidneys–using Kidney Donor Risk Index to move beyond the current labels. Am J Transplant. 2012;12(8):1971-2.
10 MOST RECENT NATIONAL PRESENTATIONS
- Mehrotra S. UNOS–Transplant Professional Webinar on the Proposal to Redesign Liver Distribution. Chicago, 2016.
- Xu K, Preczewski L, McNatt G, Ladner D, editors. Burden of OPTN Data Submission: Far More Than Estimated. American Transplant Congress; 2013; Seattle, WA.
- Davis AE, Ladner DP, Mehrotra S, Skaro AI, Friedewald JJ. Ensuring the Gift of Life Is Not Wasted: A Sharing Perspective on Hard to Place Kidney Allocation. American Transplant Congress; Boston, MA2012.
- Skaro A, Jay C, Lyuksemburg V, Ladner D, Davis A, Mehrotra S. Liver Sharing – We Don’t Know What We Don’t Know. 7th Annual Lewis Landsberg Research Day 2011; Chicago, IL.
- Davis A, Friedewald J, Skaro A, Mehrotra S, Daskin M, Abecassis M. Ameliorating Geographic Disparities in Kidney Transplantation Rates Via Optimization Approaches. American Transplant Congress; 2011; Philadelphia, PA.
- Davis A, Ladner D, Friedewald J, Mehrotra S, Skaro A, Daskin M. Ameliorating Geographic Disparities in Kidney Transplantation Rates via Optimization Approaches. 7th Annual Lewis Landsberg Research Day; 2011; Chicago, IL.
- Davis AE, Ladner D, Friedewald JJ, Mehrotra S, Daskin MS, Skaro AI. Demonstrating Geographic Equity in Kidney Organ Allocation Satisfying the Final Rule at Last. American Society Nephrology 2011; Philadelphia, PA.
- Beauvais N, Warren E, Tambur A, Leventhal J, Friedewald J. Improved Efficiency with the Evolution of a Single Center Incompatible Kidney Program-Transition from Desensitization to Kidney Paired Donation. American Transplant Congress; 2011; Philadelphia, PA.
- Friedewald F, editor. Kidney Paired Donation in the United States. Sunrise Symposium – Kidney Paired Donation: National Experience from US, Korea and Australia. American Transplant Congress; 2011; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Davis AE, Ladner D, Friedewald JJ, Mehrotra S, Daskin MS, Skaro AI, et al.. Demonstrating Geographic Equity in Kidney Organ Allocation Satisfying the Final Rule at Last. Amercian Society of Nephrology; 2011 Philadelphia, PA. .
This page last updated: March 18, 2014 at 5:32 pm