The objective of the Transplantation Safety Outcomes Group (TSOG) is to study the systems and processes of transplant care systematically, comprehensively and prospectively.
The areas of interest include:
- Identification of patient safety risks
- Assessment of the effectiveness of regulatory guidelines
- Organizational workflow optimization and safety
- Development of safety metrics for performance measurement
- Clinician communication
Jane Holl, MD, MPH
Rebeca Khorzad, MEM
Sanjay Mehrotra, PhD
10 MOST RECENT PUBLICATIONS
- Mandell MS, Smith AR, Dew MA, Gordon DB, Holtzman S, Howell T, DiMartini AF, Butt Z, Simpson MA, Ladner DP, Freise CE, McCluskey SA, Fisher RA, Guarrera JV, Olthoff KM, Pomfret EA. Early Postoperative Pain and its Predictors in the Adult to Adult Living Donor Liver Transplantation Cohort Study (A2ALL). Transplantation. 2016 Aug 11. [Epub ahead of print]
- McElroy LM, Woods DM, Yanes AF, Skaro AI, Daud A, Curtis T, Wymore E, Holl JL, Abecassis MM,Ladner DP. Applying the WHO Conceptual framework for the International Classification for Patient Safety to a Surgical Population. Int J Qual Health Care. 2016 Apr;28(2):166-74.
- McElroy LM, Schmidt KA, Richards CT, McHugh MC, Holl JL, Adams JG, Ladner DP. Reducing Hospital Readmissions via Optimization of Emergency Department Care. Transplantation. 2016 Apr;100(4):886-8
- Yanes AF, McElroy LM, Abecassis ZA, Holl J, Woods D, Ladner DP. Observation for assessment of clinician performance: a narrative review. BMJ Qual Saf. 2016 Jan;25(1):46-55.
- Atiemo K, Ladner DP. Active Education, Keeping It Personal and Making It Easy: A Potential Path to Increasing Donors. Transplantation. 2015 Dec;99(12):2448
- McElroy LM, Macapagal KR, Collins KM, Abecassis MM, Holl JL, Ladner DP, Gordon EJ. Clinician perceptions of operating room to intensive care unit handoffs and implications for patient safety: a qualitative study. Am J Surg. 2015 Oct;210(4):629-35.
- McElroy LM, Khorzad R, Nannicelli AP, Brown AR, Ladner DP, Holl JL. Failure mode and effects analysis: a comparison of two common risk prioritisation methods. BMJ Qual Saf. 2016 May;25(5):329-36.
- McElroy LM, Collins KM, Koller FL, Khorzad R, Abecassis MM, Holl JL, Ladner DP. Operating room to intensive care unit handoffs and the risks of patient harm. Surgery. 2015 Sep;158(3):588-94.
- McElroy LM, Schmidt KA, Richards CT, Lapin B, Abecassis MM, Holl JL, Adams J, Ladner DP. Early Postoperative Emergency Department Care of Abdominal Transplant Recipients. Transplantation. 2015 Aug;99(8):1652-7.
- Gallagher TK, Flaherty JP, Yeldandi AV, Ladner DP. Fatal infectious pulmonary complications post-deceased donor renal transplantation. Am J Transplant. 2015 May;15(5):1442; quiz 1443.
10 MOST RECENT NATIONAL PRESENTATIONS
- Ngo S, Ison M. The Impact of Pre-Transplant Infections on Post-Liver Transplant Outcomes. American Transplant Congress; 2016; Boston
- Ladner D, E Pomfret, MA Simpson, J Guarrera, R Fisher, A Skaro, T Curtis, E Reyes, A Daud, E Wymore, and B Platt, D Woods. Patient Safety in Living Donor Liver Transplantation: Equipment Malfunction and Supplies Incidents in the OR. Central Surgical Association Meeting 2015
- DP Ladner, E Pomfret, MA Simpson, J Guarrera, R Fisher, A Skaro, T Curtis, E Reyes, A Daud, E Wymore, and B Platt, D Woods. A2ALL – Effective and Safe Postoperative Pain Management in Living Liver Donors. ILTS, 2015, Chicago IL.
- DM Woods EP, MA Simpson, J Guarrera, R Fisher, T Curtis, A Daud, E Reyes, E Wymore, R Kang, DP Ladner. Opioid Sparing Pain Protocol Reduces Adverse Events for Living Donor Liver Transplant Donors. American Public Health Association; 2015; Chicago, IL
- D Ladner, E Pomfret, M A Simpson, J Guarrera, R Fisher, T Curtis, A Daud, E Reyes, E Wymore, D Woods. Effective and safe post-operative pain management in living liver donor. AASLD, San Francisco, November 2015.
- McElroy LM, Collins KM, Koller FL, Khorzad R, Macapagal KR, Abecassis MM, Gordon EJ, Ladner DP, Holl JL. Safety Risks during Operating Room to Intensive Care Unit Handoffs: Application of Failure Mode Effects and Criticality Analysis. Academy Health, Minneapolis, June, 2015
- Theodoropoulos N, Brizendine K, Ison M. Screening Recipients of Increased Risk Donor Organs: A Multicenter Study. American Transplant Congress; 2015; Philadelphia, PA.
- McElroy L, Daud A, Lapin B, Woods DM, Holl JL, Ladner DP. Detection of Medical Errors in Kidney Transplantation: A Pilot Study Comparing Proactive Clinician Debriefings to a Hospital-Wide Incident Reporting System. Academy of Health’s 2014 Annual Research Meeting 2014; San Diego, California
- McElroy L, Daud A, Lapin B, Woods DM, Holl JL, Ladner DP. Enhanced Detection of Safety Vulnerabilities in Kidney Transplantation through a Web-Based Clinician Debriefing Survey. Academic Surgical Congress; 2014; San Diego, CA.
- Lee L, Ho B, Lapin B, Ison MG. Norovirus Infection in the Solid Organ Transplant Recipient. World Transplant Congress; 2014; San Francisco, California.
This page last updated: March 13, 2014 at 5:31 pm